Our Common Truth and Uncommon Call
Mountain Bible Church is a non-denominational, Bible-believing assembly situated in the Santa Cruz Mountains. We believe the essential teachings of the Bible center around the person and work of Jesus Christ, and we affirm the historic Church creeds. We believe unity is not achieved by organization but by shared confession of these essential truths.
We believe …
… in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth.
… in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried. He descended to the dead. On the third day He rose again. He ascended into heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
… in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic* Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting.
This confession of faith is known as The Apostles’ Creed.
Five emphases, expressing God’s unique mission for us, characterize our congregation:
- To encourage deep, personal love for God — Matthew 22:34-40; Revelation 2:1-7
- To maintain committed loving relationships among one another. — John 13:35; Acts 2:42-47; 4:32-37; I Corinthians 13
- To love people by acts of service and present the Gospel of Jesus Christ to our community and abroad. — Matthew 5:14-16; 25:40; Acts 6:1-4; 9:36; James 1:27; 2:14-17
- For each member to discover and use his or her spiritual gifts. — Ephesians 4:7-13; I Corinthians 12-14; Romans 12
- To pursue Christ in faith by persevering with one another. We welcome adversity, for if things went smoothly we would have no need for faith. — Ephesians 4:1-6, 4:29-5:2, 5:15-27; James 1:2-5
* The word “catholic” refers to the universal church of the Lord Jesus Christ.