Meeting together safely
UPDATE (July 31, 2020): We are not open for indoor services as Santa Cruz County is on the state’s monitoring list. Outdoor gatherings are permitted, and the safety guidelines below are still in effect.
Following guidelines established by the health department, we will be re-opening for church on Sunday, May 31, 2020. Please note that we will continue to livestream church services via YouTube and Facebook.
To help us better serve members and the community, please complete this survey, letting us know how you plan to engage, whether online or in person. If you have further questions, please contact Pastor John Haak via email (email@example.com) or by phone: (408) 353-2302.
- CA.gov: Guidance for Houses of Worship — click here
- CDC: Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith — click here
What to expect (in person):
Our Sunday service will start promptly at 10 a.m., in order to sync with members engaging online. Members attending in person will be greeted by a screener, who will ask the pertinent health questions. If you arrive later than 10 a.m., please enter anyway, as the some protocol will be observed.
- Members should not attend if unwell — see CDC guidance here. Please join us online via YouTube or Facebook if you are feeling unwell.
- Members are encouraged to wear face coverings.
- Social distancing will be observed, and seats have been spread throughout the sanctuary. Individuals and family groups can sit at least six feet apart.
- Offerings will be collected via a non-contact offering box (we will not be passing around the baskets). NB: Many members transmit offerings via bank transaction.
- On communion Sundays (the first of each month), members are encouraged to bring their own elements (grape juice and bread, or similar).
- Bring your own water, as the cooler will be closed.
- Bathrooms will be open, but please “go before you go” to minimize usage.
- Play areas will be closed.
What to expect (online):
Live-streaming is a permanent feature of our ministries, and members are encouraged to subscribe to our YouTube channel for regular updates. Click here to visit the channel. Our stream will also be published on our Facebook group page.
- Sunday service begins at 10 a.m. with opening remarks and prayer
- Lyric videos
- Our live-stream setup is fairly rudimentary, and providing quality live music is not possible at this moment. The worship team continues to produce sound recordings, and we see this as an expanding ministry.
- Sharing (online members are encouraged to post requests and praises via the chat functions at YouTube or Facebook, which will be shared with in-person members; please post general requests, e.g. “prayer for an ill relative,” as these comments are public)
- Ministry highlight
- Sermon and closing prayer
- Outgoing lyric video
After the service, the live-stream will be edited, beginning at the message, and archived on our sermons page.